Complete France Forum

Immobiliers in Aveyron (12)

My partner and I are embarking on a serious househunting trip to the Aveyron in a couple of weeks, having decided that it is definitely the place for our permanent move. Although I regularly scan lots of estate agents websites, I wondered if anybody out there has any personal recommendations on this front, please?

Thanks

Whereabouts exactly?  It's a biggish area.  We know one in Najac (Action Habitat), possibly the only one in Najac.  But there are other agents in bordering departements who keep properties in 12 on their books, depends where you're looking.  Alternatively, go to www.lespagesjaunes.fr and type in "immobiliers" plus town & departement number and a detailed list should appear with (sometimes) web sites.  M

M

Just read your reply -  thanks. 'Where exactly' is the difficult bit. As you say, it's a big department, and although we have explored (and love) the north, up around Entraygues and the Lot valley, we're staying in the south-west this time, nearer to the Tarn. You never know what you might be missing if you don't have a good scout round, do you?

We have contacted an agency near Rodez, who have some lovely character properties, but thought we might also have a wander around some of the towns and press our noses on the immobiliers' windows! As we're visiting outside the school holidays, and staying for 2 weeks, we will hopefully be able to arrange one or two viewings at fairly short notice. Will take up your suggestion regarding  'les pages jaunes'.

Appreciate your help,

Mary