Complete France Forum

English Book Sale - Fundraising for charity in the Dordogne

Hi,

Hope it's okay to post the details of this here as it is on behalf of the Phoenix Rescue Association, and all the proceeds are going to raise money for animal rescue:

On Saturday 19th November 2005

From 12 noon to 4 pm

BOOK SALE

At the Salle des Fetes, St. Mayme de Pereyrol

(sign-posted from the D21 between Bergerac and Vergt) 

Plus: Christmas Stall with cards, and decorations for sale.

Also the next in our series of Great Little Recipe Books –

Cakes, Puddings and Desserts will be on sale. (Ideal Christmas Gift at 8 euros each!)  

ALL proceeds for the veterinary treatment and re-homing of abused or abandoned dogs and cats

*Paperbacks ……….. 1 euro

*Tea or Coffee ………1 euro

*Glass of wine ……….1 euro

*Sausage Rolls ………1 euro          

We shall also be selling bargain-priced hardbacks,

Videos, Cassettes and CDs and bric a brac

(Your donations of items will be very welcome either in advance or just bring and buy!)

(A special four-course lunch for 12 euros – including wine - will be available at the Truffe d’Or Restaurant – opposite – but please book in advance 05 53 54 29 85)

Hi Penny29, it sounds like a very good cause. I think I have read a few posts regarding this rescue centre as well as (Christine Animal?) I am very disappointed that we cannot make it because that is the day we will actually be arriving from the UK. If only it was a day or two later. Perhaps you could post details for those of us that will miss it to forward a small donation on instead. It sounds lovely, hope it is a real success.

Hi WJT,

The web address for the Phoenix is : http://www.phoenixasso.com

There you will find contact details for donations, adoption & fostering of animals etc.

Hopefully, there will be plenty more Phoenix Fund Raising events coming soon - we are trying to arrange some for next year in the Northern Dordogne (around Thiviers) so that people from both sides of Perigueux can help raise cash for the charity as well as having a good time in the process.

In the meantime, don't throw out those old books, CD's, videos, bric-a-brac as this can all help raise money for the charity - if anyone in the Northern Dordogne has stuff they wish to donate please contact me via my inbox.

Penny

Archived