Complete France Forum

Moving to Bordeaux

Hi, myself and partner and 2 kids are planning, to move to Bordeaux in the summer. We currently own a holiday home, in Abzac about 30 miles from Bordeaux. We know we can only live on the residential site for 8 months of the year but we feel this would give us time to settle the kids into school and look around for a house to buy. Does anybody know of any problems we might come up against, doing this.

P.s. Whats the weather like out there, we are coming over on Thursday for 2 weeks.

The weather seems to have turned the corner and think spring has arrived. We now live in Guitres and it reached 14 degrees at lunchtime today. Compared to the Haute Vienne there region seems much more prosperous BUT the big question remains how are you going to earn a living ?  I am on handshaking terms with two or three dozen of the locals but short of getting a job with the US companies who have branches in Bordeaux I do not think I have much chance of work . The lady who delivers the publicity is probably younger than me and looks a couple of decades older than either me or Isabel.        

Archived