Complete France Forum

Musicians / band required for a party

I've been to Paris and California and ...anywhere I could roam.  Oh baby I've been to Paradise but I've never been to me!

As far as you like, I did the Tour de France one year with Europe 1 radio as our sponsors, we played a concert at every etape the cyclists arrived at. I know this country like the back of my hand, I don't get to sight see too much though 'cos' as soon as we get there and set up it's time to eat, play and then hit the road again for the next gig.  I do get to meet loads of super people though and taste all the different dishes and wines of the region...yummy!! I've played loads and loads in the Lot - beautiful region - I love the whacky roofs on the houses[:)]

I played near Santes a couple of years ago and we did the Fete du Cognac - that's near you isn't it my lovely?

Saintes!

Yes, that's near me. Funny isn't it, if you had been doing this in UK I could have worked for you (in my mysterious way).

Those Stereophonicsboys (well, as they were) they wereWelshish, and cute too! I did my best for them.

Ruined them, I did[:-))]

They still are! Don't you dare talk about Kerry and the lads in the past tense, and they are very much Welsh, they are from Cwmaman which is 'bout 20 mins from where I come from.  I'm glad you looked after them - little angel you are[:D]

LOLTwinks, Iwasn't certain they were all Welsh, they were so shy. I never ruined them, but a very good (male) friend of mine did.

Yes, Kerry was ultra nice (pre ruination). I met him when he was a nice boy. I hope he is a nice guy still...

Sorry it's Kelly not Kerry - my mistake!

I think he's ruined now so you were lucky to meet him when he was a nice boy!

I'm going to turn my chutney off[:-))]

Sweet dreams Tresc

We've gone slightly off thread - sorry but I got caught in a twister earlier to-day and I got a bang on the head.  I'll be back to my obedient self tomorrow[;-)]

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thank-you for the lovely welcome you gave us.  We had a great time too - what a fantastic venue to play at.  Good luck for the future both of you, and please give our regards to all of your friends.

If you want your 50th to go by just as painlessly -give me a call!

Right, if Lyn and Martin Elliot can do some trumpet blowing for Chris Head, then I'm going to get my saxophone out. 

This girls voice is absolutely superb.  She can sing such a range of music and just fills the stage with her huge personality and presence.  When she was a little girl she was always singing and used to nag her mum to send her on all the courses.  Her father was an excellent musician and I think this is in her genes.

I played a CD of her singing amazing grace live at a funeral recently.  Her voice echoing around the church sent shivers up my spine and everybody was asking who she was later in the day. 

Before she had her daughter she used to play all the big ones and boy can't she shake it. And,even now when I visit her and we go to fetes all the young wannabe singers hang around like flies.  I call her The Queen.

Archived