Complete France Forum

redevance audiovisuelle and taxe d'habitation problem

rowland

Hi

We have received our Taxe d'hab for our house and our apartment and both show an amount for the Redevance Audiovisuelle.

In previous years we have only paid it with the Taxe d'hab for the house as it is only payable once (unless the rules have changed this year).

My question is, should I pay the both in full and then reclaim the RA from the Tax Office which deals with the apartment or should I deduct the 118 euros and send a cheque (plus a covering letter)for the Taxe d'hab only.

If I take the first option will it take for ever to get a refund?

If I take the second option will it totally upset French bureaucracy - I know there is a penalty for late payment and I don't want to incur a fine.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation and if so, how did you resolve it?

Any advice will be gratefully received

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I paid our TdH less the TV licence in 2007 (with no explanation). I later received a 'tick box' form on which I was able to confirm the property was a 'maison secondaire' and that we had no TV.

In 2008 the bill I received didn't include the TV licence, but in 2009 it was included again.

I've paid the 2009 bill, less the TV bit (again with no explanation)... we'll see what happens.

Archived