Complete France Forum

dont seem to have enough water pressure in our three storey house ,have tank in the roof for hot water sadly no pressure ????could this be in the meter or what else could it be ? HELP!

have installed new poiwer shower and got a trickle any one know how to test thewater :: system

[quote]Is it mains water or pumped? If mains, do you have a pressure reduction valve in the system? If pumped, is the pump working properly (ie no air in the water reservoir)?[/quote]

thanks for the speedy reply

its mains pressure with a new meter,how would i know if it has a pressure reduction valve

system ran ok for toilet and hot water from a gas wall heater in kitchen before fitting the hot water cylinder upstairs

lindarob

We have a pressure reducation valve. And we have never had a water tank in the loft, in fact I've never heard of one up in the loft here. They are usually at ground level, ie in the garage in a house. In fact thinking about it, before we got our combi boiler, our electric hot water tank/heater was in our sous sol. I'm quite unscientific, but having a hot water tank in the loft in a three storey house hasn't sapped the pressure from the system has it????

thanks for reply ,set us thinking now!

lots of friends in capestang and quarente in similkar houses have it up there

will have to look into this as it does sound so logical and maybe find a place other than upstairs for it

more work!!!!

so many thanks

lin

Is your tank a normal cold tank or do you mean a sealed tank with a purpose-built water heater which is what most of France has?It is normal in France to run the whole system-hot and cold-at mains pressure.Are both your hot and cold taps affected by the low pressure?