Complete France Forum

park and ride, montpellier

It looks as though I will shortly have to make the journey to La Peyrone/Arnauld Villeneuf hospitals in Montpellier, without my trusty chauffeur. I would prefer to use the train/tram system,but It would mean a very long day for my daughter and myself.

I know there is a park and ride system in place in the city. Could one of the experienced natives of Montpellier give me details of one ,so I can come off the N9 (motorway from Perpignan) park up and get a bus/tram to my destination without getting lost in the city.

Thanks in advance.  Mrs O

Hi

the hospitals are nearer to Mosson at the NW end of the tramway, but I think it would be easier for you to get to Odysseum near the A9 at the SE end.

Follow the A9 and leave at the Frejorgues & airport turn. On the roundabout follow signs for Odysseum, tramway parking, centre. About 1km along follow the tramway parking signs (it is first turn on the right) and then continue to follow them for about a further .5km.

The best parking is the secure parking area. The cost is Euro 3 which includes return tram tickets for each occupant of the vehicle (a similar deal exists at Mosson). Alternatively park for free and it is Euro 2.20 return per passenger.

I think it is about 40 minutes from Odysseum to the hospitals.

Peter

I would have said the same, Peter, that Odysseum is easier than Mosson, then I thought of the work in progress for Ligne 2.

Isn't there a problem after Corum, or Corum Bis?   I never go that far, but there are always signs about it, that there's a navette for aged personnes or summat.

[quote]I would have said the same, Peter, that Odysseum is easier than Mosson, then I thought of the work in progress for Ligne 2. Isn't there a problem after Corum, or Corum Bis? I never go that far, but...[/quote]

Hi

Not sure about that.

I get off at the Comedie !

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to Mpprh and SB for the info, tomorrow is the big day and I won`t know until later today whether I will have a chauffeur or not So if anyone spots a black RHD Ford with a lady driver going up one way streets and roundabouts numerous times, take pity and help!

Yes it does!   As you say, there are lots of commuters taking up space, but I've never seen the car park full yet (except when Johnny H was in the Zenith, they were just about parking on the motorway!).

If Ikea ever opens, things might be different, they'll have to put a LOT more parking in.

But listen up.  If I'm rushing into Montpellier for something and won't be spending long there, it's quicker and cheaper to carry on into the Polygone parking, 20centimes an hour until 11am.   Or at least it was the last time I went!

Archived