Complete France Forum

There is nothing remotely 'good taste' about some people's postings. I'm sure Joh will agree. And thank goodness for that.

We really need for some light-hearted postings from time to time. And a bit of eccentricity (oops, rather long word). Humour is the best remedy for bad temper. Let's combat life's vissitudes with questionable taste and ridiculous replies, I say, (more long words - sorry).

You can be idling your way gently through some perfectly innocuous threads (oh blimey another longish word), when some someone jumps out to berate the previous poster with an angry boo! Sometimes its only one word that has given offence.

I for one wish that more contributers would take a leaf out of Terry's 'Book of Sensitivity' or dip into his 'Directory of Amusing Good Taste' !! Keep 'em coming.

Sat in the car on Friday ,in the passenger seat, on the way to Montpellierville, it was a beautifull day and the sun was glimmering on the etang near cap Lucate. Mmm I thought , a day for some good `driving` music, you know the stuff you can sing along to ,such as Elvis or Simon and Garfunkle(Ok Ok ,can`t all have the same tastes!) anyway done Elvis so time for Ricky Nelson, so we all(7 year old included) sing along to Garden Party , Traveling Man.....so busy singing we don`t really take in the huge neon sign advising us to  leave at next exit !!!..... ooops what does that motorway van on the hard sholder say.....Bouchon and showing 3 lanes into 1...and Ricky starts a new track....Its late, gotta get on home ,its late, Is that the moon I see........

One hour later we are still on the A9 near Beziers , and finally directed of via an emergency exit,and finaly arrive one hour late for an hospital appointment with the Prof and a roomfull of wanabees! all I can say is I am so glad I had Mr O to drive me....I would have got back on the other side of the Autoroute and come home.Just to add to the perfect weekend the gas ran out on sat tea time.....just after the shops had closed!! so off to the only garage we know that is open on sunday and yup you guessed it ....he was out of gas in the back cube!! 

Fancy going into business SB with a 24 hour supermarket!

Mayhap you should have been listening to....

deleted the rest of that. Having a lot of inconvenience here recently with having to post on the same topic thrice and then having to edit said post... AND ,yes I am shouting this site is ever so sllooooooww, is it steam driven?

Now I have got that of my chest I can't remember what I was going to reply with.   Must go, got to eat sometime, Wifey calling for din din's in a polite manner.

Terry

Mayhap you should have been listening to....

Well I'm standing by a river
But the water doesn't flow
It boils with every poison you can think of
And I'm underneath the streetlight
But the light of joy I know
Scared beyond belief way down in the shadows
And the perverted fear of violence
Chokes the smile on every face
And common sense is ringing out the bell
This ain't no technological breakdown
Oh no, this is the road to hell.

Chris Rea.

Terry (   a sensible reposte ( and about bl*%d^ time to))

Taking orders noel for deliveries of X-Mas puds (not)

• 2 weeks later...
PiP Rob,

Yes, you used some big words, however you don't spell 'vissisitudes' like that, you spell it like this: Vicissitudes, according to dictionary.com anyhoo...!

I have no idea what your post was reffering to by the way and am intrigued.

Archived