Complete France Forum

Whether Builders' Weather?

I was wondering if its the kind of weather builders in Quillan like, because it might still be a bit Cold, Wet and Snowy - wasn't Snowy a friend of Biggles or was that Dick Barton? I don't mean was Dick Barton a friend of Biggles because I'm fairly sure that was Algie, though it might have been Ginger. It's whether (HELP!) its Snowy that I'm worrying about due to the work being behind already, and I don't want anything or anyone intererferring with getting it finished in time - and I'm including Pilots in this and everything and everyone, especially Special Agents and Moles, and people that might be thinking about parachuting-in under cover to carry-out acts of malicious sabotage in the next 58 days. Anyway, any news?

Phew! I feel better now.

Have you been taking English lessons from Outcast? you didn`t put enough punctuation in there for me to pause for breath,now I am panting like I should have been doing something I havn`t !! And you are starting to wander off subject and not make any sence

The person you need to speak to is Quillan and he`s not here right now, NO not here with me `cos he doesn`t know me , well he does in one way ,but not in the way you are thinking about,he is in Uk isn`t he. So you see, the weather up your way, in france,not where you are in UK, is different to the weather at this side of the mountain, which at the moment and for the next 5 days is very diferent to the weather we had last week(snow)  , the snow was last week, this week it is very windy with blue sky and about 8 degrees now, but if I was a builder I wouldn`t work in this weather whether or not `cos I can`t stand the cold, now whether your builder can build in this weather ia a different matter and we don`t think our appointed builder likes working in our weather either (or is that either) because we are still waiting for him too.

I have a Pavlovian response to seeing or hearing the name Biggles.I just have to mention his best adventure, Biggles Flies Undone.

There, the moment's over, I can go back to bed with Barjavel and his hungry tiger now.  But before I go, has anyone seen that French ad on TV for Frisk chewing gum, where the bloke gets seriously snogged by his girlfriend's dog?   Beurk, it's horrible!!!!!  

I will NOT be buying Frisk, because I do not want to turn into a dogsnogger.   Or a dog's nogger.

Not even if it's snowy.  Or Snowy. 

Dick Barton did, indeed, have a sidekick called Snowy, played by John Mann on the radio and Anthony Heaton on TV. Tintin's Snowy was, of course, a dog. I think he only snogged Tintin. Or possibly Captain Haddock. (Dick Barton never snogged anybody due to the stiff upper lip).

[quote]Dick Barton did, indeed, have a sidekick called Snowy, played by John Mann on the radio and Anthony Heaton on TV. Tintin's Snowy was, of course, a dog. I think he only snogged Tintin. Or possibly Capt...[/quote]

Aaaaand he had a mate called Jock.  I wasn't aware that Dick had a stiff upper lip?  nowadays you could probably get something for it!!

Speaking of stiff upper lips, it reminds me of the time I had a problem with my fingers and the doctor suggested I carry a squash ball in my pocket and squeeze it to exercise my fingers. One day a lady asked me what the lump was in my trousers and when I told her it was a squash ball she said " oh you poor thing that must be agony as I once had tennis elbow and that was bad enough"!!!!!!

weedon

Would this be the man you are looking for,

all deep joy and thorkus for great laugh'n tittery. O yes.

remember in your brain bockle, lad: Wrong starts with a Wubble-U! All joyfold!

With credit to Google search.....

Terry

Archived