Complete France Forum

Cevenne - Permaculture, Organic Gardening and Ecological Building

We currently live on a farm in the Cevennes where we have terraces, chestnut forests, etc.... We grow organic vegetables and are interested in alternative building techniques (e.g cordwood, straw bale etc...), care of chestnuts, drystone walling etc....  It would be good to meet up with other people with similar interests who maybe live in a similar environment to bounce ideas off and swap knowledge on these subjects.  We've learnt heaps in the 1.5 years we've been here but I'm sure we've still got a long way to go!

We don't live on a farm, but in a village in the foothills of the cevennes, and my husband does organic gardening (mostly own consumption/exchange, and chestnut/ mushroom hunting). There are some good networks in the cevennes, have you come across the guys who are trying to bring back the old fruit and vegetable varieties/

Which side of the cevennes are you on?

We don't live on a farm, but in a village in the foothills of the cevennes, and my husband does organic gardening (mostly own consumption/exchange, and chestnut/ mushroom hunting). There are some good networks in the cevennes, have you come across the guys who are trying to bring back the old fruit and vegetable varieties/

Which side of the cevennes are you on?

Archived