Complete France Forum

It's so quite you can here the haystack drop

On a flight from Dublin to Carcassonne , a lawyer asks the blonde in the next seat if she would like to play a game.

She declines, but the lawyer persists. "It's fun. I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me, and vice versa."

The blonde still says no, so the lawyer, sure he'll win, negotiates: "OK, how about this -- if you don't know my answer you pay me £5, but if I don't know yours I pay you £500."

She agrees, and the lawyer asks, "What does the Earth weigh?"

The blonde doesn't say a word, just reaches into her purse, pulls out a £5 note and hands it to him. Then she asks her question: "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?"

The lawyer takes out his laptop, taps into the seatback phone and searches the Net . He e-mails everyone he knows, to no avail. After an hour he wakes the blonde and hands her £500.

She takes the money and turns to go back to sleep. The lawyer says, "Hey, wait a minute. What the hell is it that goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?"

The blonde doesn't say a word. She just reaches into her purse, hands him £5, and goes back to sleep ......

Back to sleep now.

Terry

Archived