Complete France Forum

Office suppliers in dept 11

Does anyone know of office type suppliers (such as office world, staples, Ryman etc) near Narbonne? We have been told (by a French work colleague here in UK) that "Office Depot" exists in France and is certainly the same sort of place, but have been unable to find if it exists in Narbonne. We are loking for a simple B&W printer to replace our old one which will not work with our new computer (bought when the old one "collapsed") and can only find "all singing - all dancing" ones in the super/hypermarches and Darty. As we will also want to replace the consumables as required, it seemed logical to find an office type supplier rather than the expensive retail ones when all we want to do is print off web pages and emails (no photos, colour not required - we are simple souls!!)

Any ideas / pointers most useful

Thanks

Twinkle

Many thanks for that - though it looks more like something for the consumables rather than the equipment itself. As I said, we are really after office type stationery - not the pretty stuff they seem to want to use in France, but it adds to our fount of knowldge of the area, so is always useful, and will certainly be worth a look.

Also want some sensible size and practical office type waste bins, so will keep huntiing and hoping.

Ok, then maybe you may have to think of making a trip to Toulouse or Beziers.  I have some friends in 34 I'll ask them if they know of somewhere near you.

If you don't want to pay a lot of money for wastepaper bins shops like Gifi & La Foire Fouille are great for bits 'n' pieces like that. They are all over France in the commercial zones.

All the best!

Dear all

Many thanks for the various advice, I have followed some through and sent the info onwards for further exploration. I have also found out that the nearest Office Depot (and yes Viking is part of the same group, but interestingly prices not so keen) is in Montpeller. Don't really want to be ordering online, but finding a reliable local suppplier - still there is now plenty of info to work on. I suspect that this sort of thing is not so advanced as in UK, but then living in London for that at least we are spoilt for choice (though my tour of Tottenham Ct Road at the weekend proved less than useful) - so our researches will continue at both ends.

But at least the learning curve gets less steep each time!

Cheers

I must admit that in general, I prefer ordering online for a lot of things.  First, much LESS temptation to pick up stuff that I don't really need!  When you see your shopping cart total going up, it seems more shocking somehow.  Second, being 30 to 45 minutes away from any shops bigger than the Gamm Vert, it always seems like a major outing to go out to buy stuff, so we tend to group it all together.

Granted, I've had a couple of headaches, like a DVD drive that I ordered that didn't work when it got here. Still, the same thing could have happened if I'd bought it at a shop, and then I would have had to drive back to exchange it!

Good luck with your search, Judith.

PG

[quote user="Judith"]Does anyone know of office type suppliers (such as office world, staples, Ryman etc) near Narbonne? We have been told (by a French work colleague here in UK) that "Office Depot" exists in France and is certainly the same sort of place, but have been unable to find if it exists in Narbonne. We are loking for a simple B&W printer to replace our old one which will not work with our new computer (bought when the old one "collapsed") and can only find "all singing - all dancing" ones in the super/hypermarches and Darty. As we will also want to replace the consumables as required, it seemed logical to find an office type supplier rather than the expensive retail ones when all we want to do is print off web pages and emails (no photos, colour not required - we are simple souls!!) Any ideas / pointers most useful Thanks[/quote]

We buy all our office supplies through Viking Direct France (they are the same company as in the UK). They have a Brother black and white laser printer for 89.99€ (HL-2030) the toner is 59.99 for 2500 pages and a new drum 92.69 for 12000 pages. You will get a lot more than 2500 pages out of a toner because the calculation is on a full page of black. There is free delivery on it and the consumables. It’s OK buying a printer anywhere but it’s getting the consumables. As somebody else said VD are next day delivery. The website is www.vikingdirect.fr and the part number of the printer is G4A-HL2030.