Complete France Forum

self building, materials suppliers and costs around Cruese (Limousin) ?

as our son, and his/our friends, are all in the building trade would they be allowed to build our house in France ?

this would be mates rates, i.e. we pay their travel and food etc. but they'd be working for free, a busmans holiday so to speak

I'll ask about the legallities later, as I don't know what to ask yet :)

also, what should I expect to pay for concrete blocks, bricks, concrete (m3), sand and cement ?

and can anyone recommend a supplier in this region ?

thank you once again for any info.

[quote user="La Guerriere"]sigh (!) try websites for Brico Depot, Leroy Merlin, Bricomarche, Tout Faire, Point etc etc etc.[/quote]

no need to sigh Jim, if I had a better grasp of French I would search, unfortunately I don't yet

was just looking for a rough idea and any recomendations for suppliers

thanks

Brico Depot is the same as Home Despot sorry, depot in the UK.  Similar stock, similar prices.

Some things are cheaper here (eg sanitary ware, taps) and others are more expensive (plumbing fittings, copper tube)

Please don't raise the question of paint - it seems to get some forum members all agitated. 

Suffice to say that paint in UK is better qualiy and much cheaper IMHO.

Other's will be along soon but you will find that some jobs have to be done by a registered artisan (gas, electric) and then an inspection so see if it complies.

I think someone mentioned a problem with insurance if not built by registered builders but I'm not sure on that.

One thing I do know is that you have to have all your paperwork in order before you start.

Good luck

Archived