Complete France Forum

Does anyone know of a Honda agency in the Manche area? We need to get our car lights changed before we can register our car, but we can't find anyone who'll do it.

Alternatively, would it be possible to register the car while using those black strips on the lights?

Any advice on the subject would be appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON 21-Apr-04 AT 08:29 AM (BST)

We too have a Honda! The price for headlights for ours is 989 euros - just to change the things! Parts manager of the dealer in Rennes almost fell of his chair when he brought up the price.

The car inspection will not accept the 'strips'. They will pass the inspection which will 'get' you French insurance - that is, our French insurance accepted the inspection and for the moment we have French insurance and a year of MOT. We also have an English inspection.

Some sanctimonious individuals will tell you to do it the French way, the majority will keep quiet about what they are doing.

A very long shot is to find a wrecking yard and hope they have headlights - I think there may be a system througout France for locating parts this way.

Bit of a dillemma, I suppose if you can afford it, change the lights.

J

Have you enquired about the cost of buying them in the UK? They may work out cheaper although my old VW was more expensive, worth a phone call though and there are probably more Honda owners in the UK than there are in France which could mean cheaper parts.

Archived