Complete France Forum

I'm desperately trying to find out as much info as possible on the village of Bion (50)
Is there anybody out there who can point me to or provide me with info, gossip, photos etc???

What's the village like? Are there any shops? What's the bar like...La Cour des Grands ( At least I know the name!!) Is the Maire friendly? Are there any Brits living there? etc, etc, etc

LAST EDITED ON 29-May-04 AT 05:25 PM (BST)

We have a holiday place a few km away.
Important things first - the bar is OK but not always open. There is a small grocer and a depot de pain attached to the bar. Him in the bar allegedly speaks English, but not to me... I've never been in to drink, it's too far to walk from our place.
The village is small and neat with a church and the aforementioned bar and a school. The 'main' road runs through it, but there isn't much traffic. That's it. Nearest restaurants, shops etc etc are in Mortain or Notre Dame du Touchet. It's quiet and rural. I wouldn't mind moving there (we are isolated out in a hameau in the country). May depend on your family circumstances. I don't know about the maire (Will the Conq might), and there are other UK people all around, some at St Jean du Corail and others in Le Neufbourg and Sourdeval (25kms where rumour has it there is an English class in the local school).

If you want anything else (like photos) I'm off tomorrow morning early, so let me know through the forum or direct to r.smith@free.fr

Regards

Dick
BONO ANIMO ES

Archived