Complete France Forum

I have now owned my place near St James for about a year, but I still havn't had a water bill.  Does anyone know how the bills are worked.  Is it once a year or quarterly.  I have registered with the water company and they have my UK address 

Same here in Finistère. To the poster, I would get them to come and read your meter if it is indoors next time you are in France or you may get a very nasty surprise when a bill finally arrives. If you have an inside meter,by law they must gain entry to read it at least once per year and the same with EDF. Private water companies like SAUR are not easy to deal with and tend to cut people off very quickly and start legal proceedings with non-payment whereas good old CdesE is a bit more lenient and come out at the drop of a hat if there is a problem.

It will arrive for beg ofJan payment approx. The last official reading would have been beg.July so you missed it and nothing must disturb the system of billing!! They are very cruel here with their two bills, always just before the holidays so you have to find that money and at xmas time when you need yet more money.

Archived