Complete France Forum

Which day is early closing in north eastern Britany - St Malo and Dinan. I want to buy a 'pea coat' and don't want to drive all that way for nothing. Or does anyone know of a shop with a good selection a bit closer to Sainte Mere Eglise.

Thanks

Diana

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a good two hours west of St.Malo but its pretty uniform here in that Mondays is early closing for banks,insurance companies etc that would be open on a saturday. Remember since the 35hour week came in, a lot of people have mondays off now and work saturdays instead as there are more customers about.

Which day is early closing in north eastern Britany - St Malo and Dinan. I want to buy a 'pea coat' and don't want to drive all that way for nothing. Or does anyone know of a shop with a good selection a bit closer to Sainte Mere Eglise.

Sorry never saw your posting until now.

As Val said, on Monday's many shops will not open but some main towns, such as Saint Malo, some will open after midday.

Some shops open late night, many on Friday and Saturdays in Saint Malo, intra muros. In the high season many will open all day and well in to the night as well !

We are there for dinner on Sunday evening this week and will take a look for you if you want?  

Is a  a "pea coat" the reefer type looking coat worn by Uncle Albert and other marine types ?  

Archived