Complete France Forum

Foire St Martin - St Hilaire-du-Harcouet - 50

Reminder for those who know... and red alert for those who don't but like big country fair-type things albeit in the town of St Martin, not in a field...

Saturday 6th - Wednesday 10th November

Foire St Martin

lots of stands, stalls, agricultural stuff, animals, flea market, furniture etc etc. Up to 100,000 people visit.

For more info, Manche Libre dated 7 November (but available today) has a pull-out section.

Carole

Edit:

I'm a duh-brain - it wasn't till I saw DickSmith's comment below that I realised I'd typed St Martin instead of St Hilaire - the foire is around the centre of *St Hilaire*.

We went over this morning - lots to see, some of which is similar to what can be found in St Hilaire's weekly market in the season, but the Foire aux Chiens is worth visiting... providing you don't have my genetic defect which makes me want to buy every puppy I see, particularly the beagle pups... and the Jack Russell pups... then there were some sweet little labs and some gorgeous spaniels... aaaagh! TOH had to frogmarch me away and feed me a galette saucisse! Why that distracted me I'm not entirely sure. Afternoon (and I assume evening) is busiest and there's a fairground in the centre of town.

Archived