Complete France Forum

I have already posted this message on the Pets forum and despite an overwhelming number of views, no-one has yet been able to offer a home for Monty and only 2 'reluctant' offers for Holly (neither of which are ideal situations...dogs, major house renovations etc!). This is a long shot but I hope somebody will read this and take pity on these adorable pets.

"Regular LF forum members in the Normandy area will be greatly saddened to hear of the recent death of Clive from Paws Awhile kennels. He was a lovely man and completely potty about animals. I know for a fact that my dogs loved staying with him as he treated them as his own. It's only right therefore that we return some of the kindness he showed by finding good, caring homes for his own pets that have been left behind...

Monty is an 11 year old tri-colour long-haired Jack Russell. He is very spritely and in good health. He would be better placed with a man, although would settle quite happily in a family environment. Although used to other dogs he may appreciate some quality one-on-one attention in his autumn years!

Holly is a 3 year old black and white domestic short-haired cat. She can be a bit timid if she doesn't know you but sooon responds to a stroke and a cuddle. She likes her own independance and doesn't take kindly to being 'over-handled' - she will sit on your lap when she's good and ready but not before!

Please, please, please...if you can help find homes for any of them contact me as soon as possible."

Both Monty and Holly are staying here at my kennels in Buais (50) and you are welcome to come and meet them before making any committment. I have a home for Monty in the UK but he hasn't got a passport so will need to wait 6 months or so before he can travel. Whether you feel you can 'adopt' him for a short-term period until then or if you feel you can offer him a permanent home here in France, please let me know.

Neither of them want to stay in kennels indefinitely.

Many thanks

Archived