Complete France Forum

Looking for like minded people who would like to get together once a month for a wine and food night. We are an Australian family living very close to Rouen ( near Bourg Achard ) and keen to meet some new friends to share great meals and good wine!

Bosqouet,

We are a little too far away to join you, in what I think is a good idea.

My thoughts, for what they are worth, are that the cost of the meals would need to be sufficiently high to take you out of the mediocrity that abounds in so many French restaurants. To share great meals once a month, say around 9 a year? would mean a lot of searching out for that many different places. Ask as many locals as you can, that might help but their recommendations may be different to what you are looking for but, it is a chance worth taking sometimes.

We live in an area that is not short of many, many restaurants and I think we would struggle to find a consistent amount of places to eat at regularly but I guess for the most part, it is the company that bouys up the quality on many occasions and there is nothing wrong with going back to places to try another dish is there !

With enough advertising and asking around, I don't see why you shouldn't find enough people and restos to make it a regular monthly good night out.

Good luck.

Archived