Complete France Forum

We are rather partial to some breton rye whisky, called Eddu

Gay, is that the same rather partial, that Dick has to Youngs and Fullers beers ?

If it is, I think you will find it is called more, a permanent longing, requiring much of it to be drunk. Just to be sociable, mind you 

And the same reason for us with Ricard (as we know someone called Dick) Wild Turkey (Bourbon) in memory of an old girlfriend and now any Vodka in gratitude of a certain Russian gentleman now residing in London. Tina drinks Old Lady Gin, don't know why, she used to be friendly with a chap called Gordon, so she is a little out of sync there then

I think I may have seen Eddu in Brittany when you mentioned it before and will take another look.

You should try some ! Its great, neat......I'm told its like what Americans call 'sippin Whisky'

Its won prizes and the lady at the distillery told us that she had a lot of help from British and Irish producers as rye

is hard to ferment. If you do see it there are two 'lines' we prefer the cheaper one.

[quote]You should try some ! Its great, neat......I'm told its like what Americans call 'sippin Whisky' Its won prizes and the lady at the distillery told us that she had a lot of help from British and Iris...[/quote]

Interesting . . . . as a scotch drinker, I'll see if it is around over here in Bretagne.

[quote]Ray, You can buy it from the distillery in Plomelin, just outside Quimper but I think Super U stock it in the area too..[/quote]

Thanks, Gay. Will check it out in Dol and Comburg. Even if I don't like it we can give it to French friends and they may.

Archived