Complete France Forum

Hello hubman

I visited Lille in March this year on a three day university exchange.  Purpose of the visit was to explore the French healthcare system, spend time with hospital medics and students at the medical and nursing schools within the university.  Like many cities I guess it is a city of contrasts.  Some lovely areas and some definitely not so lovely.  For example, the area around the main train/tube station is a long way from salubrious and you wouldn't want to be walking around there late at night.  Like other cities however, nicer and better areas are very close by.  The tube is great - it's nowhere near the scale of London or Paris because it's a much smaller city but it gets you where you need to go quickly and efficiently.  It's a very good hospital! and I spent a day there seeing patients being treated.   In common with many of the French hospitals it is big, very clean and very high medical staff to patient ratios.

Architecturally, the Flemish influence is everywhere - and very attractive, to me at least.  The people we met were pleasant and courteous.

Only three days, and not enough to give you much more than a very subjective overview, but hope it is of some interest.

Good luck!

Archived