Complete France Forum

Maximum virement amount?

Daft Doctor

Hi, we are about to complete on the purchase of some land, and have over 200k euros balance to pay.  Since March 1st, notaires will not accept cheques, even well in advance of the signing day, so the payment will need to be made by virement from our french account.  I've looked hard on Axabanque's website for info, but I can't find a reference to the maximum single virement or daily limit for virements between french bank accounts. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in this area?  As always, any help much appreciated.  [:)] 

I cannot speak for your bank in particular ut in principle there is no limit on a transfer.

However there are limits on the type of transfer you can use.  SEPA allows (I believe) a transfer up to 50.000€, but over 12500€ there will be some form of declaration from the bank to the central authorities about the source of the money.

Over 50k and tere is another process again and more detailed declarations about the source of funds.

Of course declarations = charges.  Best course of action would be to contact your bank for details.

I do internet banking with my french bank and they have an upper limit to do on the internet of about 5 or 6000€ and that might be per week. However, if I fill in a form then I can send much more, ie the amount from our french house sale. As I know my conseillere, she will let me send a fax with all the details of any transfer I need to do.

So as andyh4 suggested. Call your bank, or call in and ask.

We have the same experience as Idun: on our account there was a 4K€ limit on virements per day: we had to get them to raise it for a couple of transactions. However, for the sort of sum that you are transferring, you might have to fill in a one-off transfer form (available from your branch).

[quote user="Pickles"] However, for the sort of sum that you are transferring, you might have to fill in a one-off transfer form (available from your branch). [/quote]

I agree.

With our Bank our normal limit within France is 15 000€ per day, but for a larger amount you have to make a request.

IIRC the everyday LaPoste limit is 4 000€ - so it does vary from bank to Bank.

Sue

[quote user="andyh4"]People have raised the good point about internet banking, so to make things clear, my comments above relate to paper transactions.[/quote]

A valid point; I neglected to say my transfers are usually done using the internet.

Sue

[quote user="andyh4"]People have raised the good point about internet banking, so to make things clear, my comments above relate to paper transactions.[/quote]

Actually, I thought that your post was quite clear and covered the SEPA/greater-than-SEPA issue very well, which is why I didn't mention it.

• 11 months later...
I am resurrecting this thread because I have just had a difficult time with Credit Agricôle over this.

They have a daily limit of 1500€, obviously far too low for things such as property purchase.

If it is to a beneficiary already on your list of people you send money to the limit is higher, but there is a 4 day wait between adding a recipient and being able to transfer over 1500€

To raise this amount  for a one-off you have to get permission from your conseilleur..

All very well, but so far mine has not been available to answer calls for the past two days, has not replied to emails, and the person who replied to my call suggested I should call in personally which in this case means a 300 km round trip from where I am at the moment

There have been rumours that CA is going bankrupt and I wonder if this is a way to make it difficult to transfer out large sums quickly

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2014/02/05/credit-agricole-marine-le-pen-faillite-banque_n_4731625.html

Archived