Complete France Forum

info on La jonchere

i  live in the Vienne  area and will soon be moving to La jonchere in the Limousin and wondered if anyone knows the area and can maybe give me a little feedback, the nearest town for building materials, are there any good bars/resturants close by, is the much of an ex pat community in that area...any info would be a great help as i have not had time yet to research and explore the area myself

thankyou in advance

Are you refering to La Jonchere St Maurice on the D914 near Ambazac, north of Limoges. If so I live about 15km away.

Ambazac has a good builders merchant - Tout Faire (Ambazac Materials) and a couple of others. It is quite a reasonable size town with several bars, Hyper Champion, Lidl's, Leader Price etc.

The Hotel de Voyager has an excellent restuarant with several set evening menus at about 14 euros.

I wouldn't say there is an expat community as its quite rural, but there are quite a few English people around the general area but a bit spread out as opposed to clumping together.

Hope thats of assistance. Can provide more info if I have the right La Jonchere.

Tony

Hey Tony..i am now waiting for everything to go through with the sale of the house, but im hoping to be there for may?? is there many events or things going on in the area in the summer, i will be somewhat busy with the house but will take the time to get my fishing licence and make the most of the lakes/rivers there,and hopefully enjoy a warn dry summer ???

Grant

Hi Grant

Usual Brocantes/Vide Greniers/Fetes etc in many local villages, some very good. Ambazac has a huge VG late May/early June.

Had a flyer through the door today. A new Bricomarche opens in Ambazac on 1st March. Thay have a price promise. Find the same thing for a lower price within 30km and they will refund the difference. That should keep the prices competitive!

Summers are usually very good, broken by heavy thinderstorms, often at night.

Have a good move and keep me updated.

Tony

Archived