Complete France Forum

Tax 'Bible'

Gardian

I received my Avis d'Impot yesterday and was surprised that the assessment was a bit over what I was expecting (I have my own spreadsheet which normally works fine).

Anyway, the cause of my error was immediately obvious, but I didn't understand the ruling behind it.

After a bit of rooting around on the Impots website, I found this 'Brochure', which gives chapter & verse on everything. Its a 350-ish page document, but the search function works quite well and I had the answer to my problem in a couple of minutes.

It can be found at Rubriques du Site / Documentation / Accedez a la Doc Fiscale / Les Brochures / Access a la Brochure Impots sur le Revenu 2013.

I doubt that any of this is any news to those of you who are 'in to tax', but you never know ............

[quote user="Gardian"] ... Access a la Brochure Impots sur le Revenu 2013.

I doubt that any of this is any news to those of you who are 'in to tax', but you never know ...[/quote]

Well done; I don't know how you found out the location but I have bookmarked the page(s) so I can gen up in readiness for next year.

Sue

[quote user="NormanH"]UGH It needs the dreaded Flash Player, which makes it hard to navigate and impossible to quote from.

[/quote]

No it's not.

Example:

Quote - page 100

"ÀNOTER Les rachats de cotisations de retraite au régime de base de sécurité sociale et aux régimes complémentaires légalement obligatoires sont déductibles des pensions. Les autres rachats ne sont pas déductibles."

What's wrong with that?

Seems like a typical French web site, its completely unreadable for me, if I increase the size even slightly then I can no longer scroll down the page, I am stuck looking at the first few lines of text, there is no scroll bar and the scroll Wheel on my mouse just zooms in and out.

Norman, I think you did very well to even get to read something that you wanted to quote.

Another bloody chocolate teapot which is a shame as it would have been usefull, I darent try to print it as its 100's of pages I think and they would probably all print out tiny and unreadable with loads of extraneous rubbish all around the text.

A right dissapointment [:(]

I am at a loss to see why you can't use the site. There are icons at the bottom left of the screen one of which is a text selection tool "T". There is nothing difficult or "palava" about it. You simply select the tool by clicking on the T, highlight the text, click the right mouse button and select copy.

There is no scroll bar because you just click and hold the left mouse button and pull the page wherever you want it.

I'm available for basic computer lessons at a very reasonable price.

Edit - just noticed there is an icon bottom left which allows you to download the book in PDF format so you can have it on your own computer - nice and easy

I was tempted to download it but  it was a large file and I didnt know if it would be equally as unreadable.

Thanks for the offer but I can usually get by without basic computer lessons, I do Wonder whether many web designers especially those of French web sites would benefit from some basic communication and common sense lessons.

[quote user="NormanH"]No it's not.

Well it certainly uses Flash (which no Government site should since it is  proprietary software).

http://occupyflash.org/

[/quote]

To every quote there is an equal & opposite quote (spyder 2014)

***         adobe-flash-player-great-innovation-browsing-experience           ***                  

Archived