Complete France Forum

Is Dick still with us

vervialle

LOL Vervialle, I LOVE the way you've asked this question in the France Lite section [:D]

Dick's going to go bananas.

I think the forum rumour mill would be doing overtime if Dick was absent for a particular reason, but then my finger has not been quite so 'on the pulse' of the forum  recently [;-)]

He could be taking detention: that's dishing it out, not in it himself. [6]

Vervialle, Dick was posting on another thread until just after 1 p.m. today.  There wasn't an Eeeeeeeeeeek ! in sight !!

Can I have one of them bananas Tresco ? Dick won't mind !  the little monkey.[:-))]

I'm still here as far as I know. I've been in a TEDIOUS meeting for hours after school.

Which threads have now disappeared, and why am I a candidate for the chop this time?

BTW - have you seen my Haiku in the Good Morning thread? I was dead pleased with that, and the fact that I managed to walk over a kilometre in an exam today. Is that bland enough?

But why have the postings under thePost bag,admin heading been removed, Ron from something that began with A was saying that half the people sticking up for Miki did not infact live in France and had not therefore got much to offer to the forum, I was going to post an objectional post, as I felt it was a bit out of order to say that, I would like to think I have posted some helpful posts in the past and I would love to live in France, but at 48 years of age and 30 years in my pension scheme, I cannot get a job in France in my region doing what I am doing.But the thread was removed along with some postings from Dick.If you are out there Dick can you shed any light on it.

None at all. Sometimes Admin tells us when posts are removed, but not this time. In fact, given that I am owed a couple of messages from Admin by my reckoning, I seem to be being sent thoroughly to Coventry.

There were some other posts, I believe, which I never saw.

No insult intended. This is in lighter side so I linked the ideas of somebody reporting septic fosse with the bananas, and enquiries about you.

The apostrophe made it yours but without it the word might have been censored.

Well it was mildly funny/peurile at the time but a deconstruction never really helps humour does it ?

Play the game. Move a comma (and/or an apostrophe) and change the sense yourself.

I repeat . No insult intended.

None taken. I'm sat here taking a break from marking and preparing for tomorrow (I kid you not) so I'm a bit bleary minded at the moment. There's only so many essays on medieval life by 11-year olds that the human mind can take, so a banana or two would probably work a lot better, septic wossnames or not. Where did the fosse come in? Who am I?

Time for a cup of tea.

Yes - unfortunately I've also got a lesson observation by an outside consultant which I had convinced myself was next Friday... No problem with the work, but I was planning to do the marking over the next week, not tonight. Then a looooong and tedious meeting this evening and so on. And then I fell asleep in front of the telly!

I did manage to walk a kilometre in an exam today - did I already mention that? 16 laps of the assembly hall.

Is it that time of year already ?

Dick, you've reminded me of the mind-numbing tedium of invigilating exams. Definitely the worst job I had to do during my teaching career. I used to while away the time by doing ratios of boys to girls, the proportion wearing white socks, how many trees had been used to make the floor, the stage and the desks. During that Thatcher years (sorry) the proportion of tiles which had fallen of the ceiling which we couldn't afford to replace.

I tried to invent improbable games for teachers to while away the time. The suggestion of staff skipping races down the aisles was welcomed but not instituted.

I just love being retired.

Hoddy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Hoddy"]

I used to while away the time by doing ratios of boys to girls, the proportion wearing white socks, how many trees had been used to make the floor, the stage and the desks. During that Thatcher years (sorry) the proportion of tiles which had fallen of the ceiling which we couldn't afford to replace.[/quote]

Aah but... how many pupils suffer the same problem?

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

I wish it were possible to leave a thread there but delete the text and lock it out, that way I know I'm not going mad looking for it.  I know Ron thinks I'm dotty, when this happens I think I am dotty.

Dotty[/quote]

But have you seen the two dot threads in the 'inconsequential' forum ?

Hoddy

The situation is now a bit bizarre.

External exams (SATs, GCSEs & 'A' levels) are all invigilated by outside staff (supplies I guess) which must be the world's worst job. Except we have to have staff there to keep order in the lower years.

Internal exams (not what you non-teachers think - exams set by the school) are invigilated by teaching staff, who would be teaching those classes at that time anyway. But as you say, mind-numbing.

But I'm out of it today because I got the virus everybody else had last week. Feel rotten, off to bed again.

[quote user="Owens88"][quote user="Dotty Trois"]

I wish it were possible to leave a thread there but delete the text and lock it out, that way I know I'm not going mad looking for it.  I know Ron thinks I'm dotty, when this happens I think I am dotty.

Dotty[/quote]

But have you seen the two dot threads in the 'inconsequential' forum ?

[/quote]

Yes, are the dots for me?

Where is my original post, the one in blue at the top which you quoted?