Complete France Forum

A red Handle ?

Frederick

While filling in a trench in the garden after putting in a sewer pipe ...one of my neighbors passed by walking his dog and mentioned   that  the handle of my shovel  was not red ......he had passed by the time I realised  what he was saying ......the cheeky blighter must be suggesting I should be digging  hard enough to make it glow ?   French humour I suppose ! 

Or perhaps not.  I had lost count of the number of times that Mr Cat has mislaid his shovel, fork, pick-axe, axe, hoe etc whilst working in our garden/wilderness.  All of his garden tools being a bit brown and woody, they are very well camouflaged when left lying around.  One day I got so fed up with that I sprayed all the handles bright fluorescent orange.  Now they're pretty easy to spot [:)]

Digressing still further Mel, those brackets in your user name are going to make the forum software throw a frightful humph, no-one will be able to quote your posts without all kinds of error messages about miss-matched quotes.  Generally speaking "it" doesn't like anything other than numbers and letters for user names.

If I asked you nicely, could you change it to something more forum friendly?

Mel, had the same trouble my self ended up in the dreaded Castorama (anyone who knows how long the refit in Agen has been going on will understand and know how unhelpful the staff are) where I found one with a T handle  but it still has a pointed tip rather than a square shape but It was the best I could come up with after a lot of trawling about.

Archived