Complete France Forum

marche nocture

woolybanana

Ah the relaxation of autumn. The whole commune and those around is walking the bounds of my commune, a marche nocturne. Every kilometre or so there is a staging post where they play a game, hear a story or listen to a bit of music. And have a nip, or two. Now they are shouting and singing. I DARE NOT TRANSLATE because it is very very very rude and our mods are such shy people and it is neerly sundey. But it is French culture isn't it. No, I wont , won't.

In fact I think they may be at IT in my woods. Those are definitely not the sounds of quiet conversation. Just a moment, I'll get a camera and a bucket of water.

There is little chance of avoiding their actions and sounds when right under one's nose so to speak, even with the window shut and Astrid and Joao Gilbereto belting out late night music.

For the one action I need a loving partner as one night stands are less than satisfactory don't you find,  and for the other which was a 10km or 16km walk plus boozy refreshment points, both a regenerated liver and much less arthritic pain.

However I did join them for a few minutes around 1am when only the serious drinkers remained.

Archived