Complete France Forum

Not a penguin.

Gastines

Having been told off when I thought I spotted a small penguin by the  Trawlers in St.Malo, it was probably a Razorbill, I have 3 extra witnesses to my latest spot. Just around the corner from us, between St Suliac and Les Gastines, a seal was sunning itself on a mud bank about 100 mtrs from the road. It might possibly be the resident seal from Cale de Mordreuc around the other side of the Rance. Sunning itself oblivious to the dozens of various egrets/ducks/waders etc. I'm still keeping an eye out for the Penguin.

Regards.

Seal still there today. Apparently it is the one from Cale de Mordreuc.Perhaps it got fed up with everyone pestering it while it snoozed on the slipway. Bit more peacefull around our side. It was a draw for visitors to the beach and cafe at Mordreuc so I expect they will try and entice it back. A photographer taking pix of it today,complete with waders and floating camera platform;the photographer that is, said there is a small colony of seals in the Bay de Mont St Michel but this one managed to get through the lock by the barrage about 3 years ago.

Regards.

Archived