Complete France Forum

Keyboard

Hello, tonight I am Randy.

Last night my brother, not the one we keep locked in chains, but the other who currently sleeps outside with the dogs, managed to spill wine or something horrible over my keyboard whilst I was out ministering to an elderly neighbour in need of relief. (He also libelled me beyond belief but I can deal with him). Should I just leave the keyboard to dry out or flush it out with water or acetone or something like meths? It  has behaved strangely today.

Help please you technical and so clever guys. I'll be ever so grateful!

Regards,

Randy

No no, not acetone or meths please...............!

If it's been left overnight it's probably got quite sticky already and nothing but a washout will fix it.

I don't know how handy you are with screwing Randy, your name suggests very, but if not you might have to kiss and make up with your brother - temporarily.

What you can do is take the screws out from the underneath which should allow you to get the guts out in one piece then get in the shower with it and give it a throrough wash out just with water. Leave it out to dry in the sun tomorrow and hope !

Fortunately keyboards are pretty cheap and if you factor in your contrite brother being your unpaid slave for a week could actually work out to your profit [;-)] 

Of course, take it with you, will help to clear all that muck your brother's been downloading.

Don't bother unplugging it, the water will soon trip everything out - including you very probably.

OF COURSE UNPLUG IT YOU DOZY TROLLOPE [:-))]

I'm beginning to understand your brother's frustration !

[:P]

DOZY TROLLOPE INDEED. And who took you in and sorted your keyboard when 'er indoors had had enough of you offshore excuses. 'It was a storm darling and there was nowhere else' 'she offered me succour when the powerlines were down', 'trains were on strike and planes were grounded and hotels were full...' . Huh Mister Ernie, unplug your keyboard and give it a good showering. Next time you got a virus on your harddisc, dont come to me for anything because there will be a sharp reboot in your motherboard.[6]

And it is a corrugated iron roof you have!

Hello, 'er indoors here, whats this 'succour' that miserable excuse of a husband of mine has been enjoying. Told me he's been delayed by foul weather.

I'll give him foul if he's been up to 'extra currucular' activities when he should be here cleaning the filthy windows.

He thinks he can get away with anything when he's off earning the money to keep me in the manner to which I am entitled and is his responsiblity to maintain.

Love to your brother [kiss]

• 2 weeks later...

An anecdote I heard once - no idea if its true or not, but anyway...

A lady phoned her companies tech helpdesk in some distress, having spilled a cup of coffee on the keyboard of her boss `s computer. The tech help said it may need replaced, but there was no harm in trying to give it a thorough rinse off in clean water and leave it somewhere warm to dry out. The woman said she would give it a go.

The boss phoned the helpdesk the next day in a rather irate mood, demanding to speak to the idiot who had given this advice, as his laptop was now perched on the radiator "drying out after being rinsed"