Complete France Forum

Banks to lend you your own money

Jotty

Well before this lot got in the Tories left a debt of about £1bn and now we are in excess of £96bn (according to News Night), where has it all gone especially as we are told the British public are one of the highest indirect taxed groups. What about the money they stole from the private pension plans, where did all this money go.

Now the British taxpayer has to lend money to banks to enable them to lend money back to those who can't afford the repayments on their current loans. Theres me thinking that one of the major contributory reasons for the current crisis is that people have borrowed beyond their means. Never mind Gordon's 'prudence' will allow them to borrow more money to pay off the original debt, get a new car and a nice holiday. I think this is all a quick fix to get past the Presidential elections in the US and the General Election in the UK. The next election in the UK, if you have any sense at all, is the one you want to loose. Mind you thats what I said about the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Jotty"]See here (attention strong language)
[/quote]

Not so much 'strong', just bad and un-necessary! Shame, because if they had stuck to English I would have finished reading it, but as they have a definate short coming as far as the language is concerned I didn't.

Archived