Complete France Forum

boxing day

Dave&Olive

[quote user="Frederick"]Well they wont be going to PC World...my PC has gone belly up and they have only knocked 13 quid off the sale price one i had by eye on so using the lap top now ....to see what bargains are on line ...thats what a lot of people will be doing[/quote]

I have a feeling that PC World is part of a group on a 'danger' list...I daresay someone else will know, however I think it fair to say that any major purchases should be by CC and to a retailer you are as certain as possible, will be there this time next year.....[8-)][8-)]

[quote user="Frederick"]Well they wont be going to PC World...my PC has gone belly up and they have only knocked 13 quid off the sale price one i had by eye on so using the lap top now ....to see what bargaions are on line ...thats what a lot of people will be doing[/quote]

make sure you get one with a spell checker  !!!

Dave   [:$]

[quote user="Russethouse"]

[quote user="Frederick"]Well they wont be going to PC World...my PC has gone belly up and they have only knocked 13 quid off the sale price one i had by eye on so using the lap top now ....to see what bargains are on line ...thats what a lot of people will be doing[/quote]

I have a feeling that PC World is part of a group on a 'danger' list...I daresay someone else will know, however I think it fair to say that any major purchases should be by CC and to a retailer you are as certain as possible, will be there this time next year.....[8-)][8-)]

[/quote]

Cannot remember if it was on the radio or in a newspaper but.......

Basically it said that creditors will wait until mid January before pushing retailers in to administration.

The reason being that they would have low stocks due to the Sale and money in the bank from the sales.

Paul

I think Homebase are very keen to shift stock at present, I have just bought 9 large Christmas tree decorations,(reduced to 25p each + buy 2 get 1 free) 2 rolls of wrapping paper (type that is useable all year)  a gold dried grass arrangement and a pack of 5 gold icicle type decs  all for the grand sum of £3.35......

Haven't yet found my slimline Christmas tree.....but I'm still looking...[:)]

Over the past few years we have read of the UK being called "Rip off Britain " "Threasure Island " etc because of the high prices we have had to suffer compared with others ...Items marked up for the UK in pounds when same company shows the item in same number of euros in their continental outlets when all the stuff is bought in Asia...I think a lot of firms have done very well in the past and now they might just have to accept lower profits in future if they do survive....no more Rip Off Britain for them I think ..

Archived