Complete France Forum

New shopping service for ex-pats?

MrCanary

Don't worry mods, this is not an advert...

With the present terrible exchange rate, I was wondering if there might be an opening for my wife and I to use a van on our trips to our maison secondaire, offering to buy and deliver cheaper UK groceries to ex-pats living along our French route?

It will take some carefull calculations, but I was pondering the other day.....Would it be worthwhile to do a single big trip up to UK every 6 months or so, and do food shopping in the Dover Tesco?

Its a long journey, but I have an economical fridge/freezer van that can carry quite a lot. Given the low pound value, assuming I used my French earned money, I believe there would be a decent saving to be made. Hopefully I will be back to UK for a few days early this year, so I will make an effort to work out things, and find out the prices of various shopping items for comparison to here.

Need to calculate possible savings to be made for the shoping, minus the fuel and ferry costs for the trip....I dont think the saving wou work out to be massive but I reckon it would be worthwhile.

Archived