Complete France Forum

Proposal to ration flights

Weedon

Saw on the news today that some "spokesperson" has put forward the proposal to ration flights for everybody to one a year.  I haven't taken a flight anywhere since 1998, so either I am owed  10 flights which I could then sell my allowance on EBay, or I am going to be made to fly to places that I don't really want to go to.  Scunthorpe doesn't have an airport does it?

My edit was simply that being a simpleton I didn't at first understand who exactly Ernie was calling a pillock [:)].  So at first I wrote to ask whether that was Mr Pillock (me) or Mrs Pillock (Clair), then after I posted I re-read Ernie's post and took him to mean the spokesperson.  Now I am not even sure of what I thought. If only Carol T and that g***y**g Clarkson had thought twice about what they had said........?

Lord Turner ...Gordon Browns man and chairman of the Parliament Climate Change Committee said the Governement should urgently consider imposing individual restrictions to help reduce polution caused by planes .......went on to say people should not be allowed to make as many unconstrained journeys as they could .........fine so now in the urgent need for the business community to get "out there " generate business in the wide world Labour dont want them to fly......you couldn't make it up could you.....Roll on the General Election ASAP please !!

Archived