Complete France Forum

Re: The things they say

Alan Zoff

I don't know if we have had a thread on this line before but something my granddaughter said on the phone this evening from Cheltenham amused me.

She had been on what she referred to as a "double-echo bus" with her mum and when I asked her what a double-echo bus looked like, she said it was a normal bus with another one that's got no wheels squashed on the top. I could visualise it perfectly.

Fares, please.

• 4 weeks later...

I think she must get it from her Mum, our eldest daughter.

She has always been a very outgoing individual who is difficult to overlook in a crowd. We were attending the primary school play one year, during which the infants had to sing the old favourite "Who built the ark?" The audience of parents found it very difficult to suppress fits of laughter when a very loud response came back, quite innocently, from our little girl: "No one, no one"

Hogging my own thread here but I have just remembered another one.

When I asked my granddaughter what she had done that day (it was Autumn and I knew her class of tots had attended the local church for the annual food gathering service) she told me proudly that she had been to "Harvey's Vegetable".