Complete France Forum

Life Has a Way of Slapping You in the Face

Gardian

This week started well.

Normally, plumbing is a no-no for me. I think that I'm not that bad at it, but this is a view that Mrs G doesn't share. Like most women, she prefers to remind me of the odd occasion when the water has had to remain 'off' for lengthy periods, even overnight. Occasionally the professionals have had to be called in.

Two jobs needed doing: shower mixer replacement and a nasty leak on the main feed in to the house. Both sorted, minimum downtime, Mrs G incredulous.

Then today. First, the discovery that our poll pump has seized - more investigation needed, but it doesn't look good and it'll be expensive. Second, the realisation that my 2011 tax bill is twice what I'd calculated (my stupid error in entering the numbers in to my spreadsheet).

I'd have settled for paying a plumber €250 rather than the 4x that this is going to cost me. [:'(]   

[quote user="Gardian"]

our pool pump has seized - more investigation needed, but it doesn't look good and it'll be expensive. Second, the realisation that my 2011 tax bill is twice what I'd calculated (my stupid error in entering the numbers in to my spreadsheet).[/quote]

Pump removed, stripped down, fixed, re-fitted and test run for 2 hours.  [:D]  All winterised now.

It probably won't work when I try to start it up in the Spring.

Tax is another matter: I can feel a visit to the Impots coming on. I'm working on my 'I don't understand French tax face', but I doubt that it'll work. 

Archived