Complete France Forum

Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry just had to pop into the kitchen for the red wine and the ben and jerrys to keep me company down memory lane...........................[:'(]

Yes I do remenber that one , have you any other memoery joggers?, it scares me how many good songs I have known and loved and forgotten  , please dont ever delete this thread untill i have written down some of these names., some one should give you tube a medal for getting all these old songs down in one place 

Frenchie you have started a darn good thread here. 

Yes that was another one of those id forgotten i knew .................[8-)] brilliant

Do you think he had just been on his greek hols when he wrote that ? Its amazing no one in the audiance is moving , if id been there id of been up jiggling me bits[:'(]

Frenchie if you like eartha  you will like this , was looking for her song never change your lover in the middle of the night , but cant find it , Odd!!!! any how this is another of hers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQt2FJgyp-Q

Afraid i cant share your love of Bowie after seeing him in rehersals treating a menber of his staff like shit . not been a fan since....................

• 1 month later...

Non mon cher ami, j'étais en train de me reposer aussi, avant les efforts de la nuit. Ce qui veut dire que je lis beaucoup et j'ai besoin de me préparer un peu quand même.

Alors petite Frenchie, tu es malade, vraiment? Je suis triste pour toi mais c'est pas la fatigue puisque tu ne fais pas grands choses?

Are we talking of love songs or songs that people associate with love? Cos the first two of yours are about Paul's dog and John's mum which I wouldn't say were subjects to write love songs about. If they are songs you associate with a particular moment, then we are looking at a different topic altogether. The reason I ask is that with KN's song I can imagine a young girl singing about a man she likes but is uncertain if he loves her. That to me is a love song,

I agree that everyone has different tastes and you are never going to get peoples agreement on what is the 'best ever' song.

Someone who songs I don't normally like but there are one or two of his that are on my ipod and this was the one of them and which was the last track i heard on the way to work today. When doves Fly by Prince. Can't get youtube at work though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived