Complete France Forum

Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

[:D]Oh I am in Poitou Charentes but we sometimes go to Dordogne for a week end. I don't know that area you mention, no..

Most  bands you mentioned I don't know, but hey.. I have an excuse, I am french..  I tried Arctic Monkey, not really my cup of tea either.. In fact I must be sad    [:D], but most bands I love are from the 60s ,70s, 80s,90s .. Of course there are some current things I like but not so much..

Unless you help me discover new gems .. ! x

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote user="virginia.c"]

Ah, I looked round part of the Charente recently, Cellefrouin, Montemboeuf, La Rochefoucauld etc.  Really liked it but there just weren't the houses around at the time.  Talking of all things French (although I think he was Armenian) Charles Aznavour and She.  Do you remember Elvis Costello putting out a version where he completely murdered it?  It was for the  film Notting Hill 'and every time his version comes on the radio I have to turn it off.!  I'm with you on the older stuff  How about blues?  Ever heard Smokestack Lightning by Howlin Wolf?

[/quote]

No I haven't heard Sokestack lightning;.  will check it on the internet..

I know La Rochefoucault .. It is lovely there..  I don't remember that version of She by E Costello, .. CHarles Aznavour is the old generation OK, but his texts are beautiful.. Just like Reggiani 's...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gcdRjtz07ak               " Mon enfant , mon Amour"

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Alors petite Frenchie, tu es malade, vraiment? Je suis triste pour toi mais c'est pas la fatigue puisque tu ne fais pas grands choses?

[/quote]

Malade moi ?    lol  

You are right, I am VERY lazy.. But you know, I ve won the lottery, so now I have the whole year to varnish my nails....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8KHeXPAxM   Elvis Costello   " Every day I write the book"...

Archived