Complete France Forum

Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

Oh FK, you will never be forgiven for that .. [:)]

Yes, I guess some people  only live through provocation and  insult.. sad but hey.. Les chiens aboient et la caravane passe.. [;-)]

WhatI find particularly brave is sending anonymous insulting pms .. [:D] 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0zX6iYBM7IM    "truth" lennon again ( sorry FK, had chosen it before you posted ) [kiss]

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote user="sweet 17"]Christine
Frenchie
As regards Macca, I taught Italian kids English in a University summer school one year and I used "Yesterday" to teach the Past Simple.  Boy, did they love the song.  Then I came to "There's a shadow hanging over me"; how to explain "shadow"?  I cheated and used the Italian "umbra" but I am not sure I got across to them that it was a figurative shadow and not an actual one!

[/quote]

I used to teach English to primary school children, and " hello Goodbye" was a big favourite, easy to remember ,  and kids learnt quite a few words from it.. Yes/ No/hello/ goobye/ high/low/ why . / go /..

I had my Lyçée students to work on " she s leaving home", I thought the song might be too slow for them,;but they adored it..

I loved the " Shadow hanging over me" image   Hee Hee ... xx  [:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Frenchie

I also taught from a song by Suzanne Vegas (I can't remember the name); it was in Present Simple and Present Continuous.  There was this woman looking through the rain into a diner and going up to the counter to get (I think) coffee.  Then there was the sound of bells ringing.  Quite a contemplative song but I do wish my memory was rather better!  Oh la la, quelle memoire.....c'est ne marche pas!
[/quote]

I don't know this song.. Hope someone will know it and give the title..

When I was a student, I ve met Suzanne Vega, she was very nice to talk to..

[kiss]

Bonjour Steve! Lovely song.. Delilah is my fav song by him..

Have you seen the film " French kiss" .. ? The soundtrack to the film is awesome in my opinion, and Delilah is in it.. I'm going to watch it again today, after the pool session !

This song is also in it " La Mer" Charles Trenet.. un grand classique...  http://youtube.com/watch?v=fd_nopTFuZA  [8-|] [:)]

Archived