Complete France Forum

Abba

Chris Head

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah Miki a man with good taste, hooked on Neil Young since I was 10, then Crosby Stills and Nash , and James Taylor I saw him about a year ago in exeter he still has what it takes to get me going when he sang sweet baby james . I agree after the gold rush was the best album ever[:)]

[quote user="julia"]

How sad is this, like the majority of people my hubby has a very diverse taste in music. I wouldn't say he is a fan, but does like Gilbert O'Sullivan. Memories have just come flooding back and my heart rate actualy quickened for a moment there when missyesbut and Twinkle mentioned naming their chilren after their favorites. You guessed it, he wanted to name our baby Gilbert if it was a boy, I had nightmares near the end of my pregnancy and kept trying to come up with better names!

[/quote]

Gilbert is a brilliant name...  I once had a pet stick insect called this[;-)]

[quote user="Tay"][quote user="julia"]

How sad is this, like the majority of people my hubby has a very diverse taste in music. I wouldn't say he is a fan, but does like Gilbert O'Sullivan. Memories have just come flooding back and my heart rate actualy quickened for a moment there when missyesbut and Twinkle mentioned naming their chilren after their favorites. You guessed it, he wanted to name our baby Gilbert if it was a boy, I had nightmares near the end of my pregnancy and kept trying to come up with better names!

[/quote]

Gilbert is a brilliant name...  I once had a pet stick insect called this[;-)]
[/quote]

A good strong name , my husband said. He would have to be with a name like that!

[quote user="missyesbut"]

[quote user="Russethouse"] When Elvis died I worked with one other girl, in an employment agency. She insisted on having the radio on all day (only usually tuned in for the racing results) and she spent most of the day sobbing. I'm amazed the temps got paid that week ![/quote]

The day that Elvis died, I was rushing from a friend's flat in Sherpherd's Bush where I'd spent a couple of days off, back to St Albans where I worked. Some of the lines on the tube were on strike and it was quite a job to get to St Pancras! I was by Marble Arch where the newspaper bloke was shouting from the top of his voice 'Elvis is dead! Read all about it in the Standard!'

Needless to say that I arrived late in St Albans, got seriously told off and all I could say in my defence (and in a faltering english!) that 'The metro was on grève because Elvis had died !!'  [:$]  My boss just rolled over with laughter and left me looking like a dunce... What did I say?... was it my french accent?.... [:(]

[/quote]

Perhaps we passed in St Peter's Street Misyesbut - I was nearly late for work in Welwyn Garden City standing there reading the newspaper instead of keeping an eye out for the bus!!!  Where did you work?

Who remembers what they were doing when John Lennon died?  Our whole office moped about all day long (in St Albans again)   Tenuous link to the start of this thread now, the company was a Swedish one!

>>>Perhaps we passed in St Peter's Street Misyesbut - I was nearly late for work in Welwyn Garden City standing there reading the newspaper instead of keeping an eye out for the bus!!!  Where did you work?<<<

I worked at the 'Sopwell House Hotel' on the Cottonmill Lane. Down by the London Road a little on the outskirt of the town.

>>>Who remembers what they were doing when John Lennon died?  <<<

I was in this welsh valley tending to a flock of ewes, checking that they had been well tupped... and some 5 years later, on the same day, Darling daughter was born!

>>>Ah Miki a man with good taste, hooked on Neil Young since I was 10, then Crosby Stills and Nash , <<<

With all this talk of Abba and Neil Young and Crosby etc... I went earlier on to have a look at my collection of CDs of all this lot, just wanting a little bit of sensible music around for the evening whilst (trying!) to study and to my horror/chagrin!! the CDs have disappeared...

and you can bet your bottom dollar that my dear offsprings, who always scream at me for being SOOO UNCOOOOL!! have helped themselves to it....

Archived