Complete France Forum

Madness or what.

Bugsy

I use to work in an office in london where I never realy clicked with my female boss she was one of these red nailed ponging of perfume very tidy kind of women, Every thing on her desk had a place and was in its place.I was the just walked my dog and come to work in my sneakers wild looking woman. She use to come up behind me ever day while i was on the phone to a customer and tidy my desk so I could never find my paper work , Yes my desk was untidy but I knew where every thing was, I use to drive her mad, One night there was an emergenty and her, me, and one other woman stayed on to help sort it out. We were sat there waiting for a phone call , and we started to natter as women do...................... It turned out 2 days earlier her husband had comitted suicide. none of which she had shown at work(how much in control was that) the funeral was in 3 days and as she sat there filing her nails she asked us if bones burnt? (hubby was going to be cremated) Not a tear or a shake of hand to be seen....................If thats the type of person who has a tidy desk give me my messy desk any day 

My manager would love this article[:-))]! ... or would he? [:(]

His desk is bare (bar his computer)! His office has all the files as straight as soldiers on parade. We laugh that even the wastepaper basket is well ordered!.... His calculator, his pen, etc...  live in the top drawer of his desk and only come out when required. As quick(er) and as soon as (if not sooner) the purpose for which they came out of obscurity is no longer there, back in the top drawer they go... So in the course of solving a problem where the calculator really needs to stay ON the desk, all we have is the shoosh and bang of that drawer!! 

My desk at home is just a pile of bills and study stuff at the mo. I amazingly find whatever I need too first time. OH stays well clear of it. As to my desk at work ... this minute: unfinished lunch box open, mug of earl grey getting cold, December month end paperwork to finish by this evening, banking stats, bowl of apples and madarins, computer, keyboard, box of tissue, calculator etc... oh! and a 1/2 eaten bar of chocolate from this morning break! all fighting for some space.... this evening : open the drawer and it all get sweep into it and the paperwork is neatly tidy put away in a file, most probably not the correct one but eh! there is always the last friday in the month to do the (correct) filing!....[:D]

Archived