Complete France Forum

Is this a record?

Dick Smith

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont like Sudoku, or crosswords. I have never watched Big Brother or any of the similar programmes. I dont watch Coronation street or East enders or any other 'soap' ( where did the phrase 'soap opera' come from anyway?).

I have no idea where that places me in 'socio-political' terms or any other socio-whatever terms. I do however read an awful lot of newspapers, when I can and am, therefore, reasonably up to date on what other people say about things like BB. The comments I read make it even less likely that I would watch it.

All in all, this is a pretty pointless post isn't it?

[quote user="powerdesal"]

[/quote]

Not at all, Steve. It would allow those who like to do such things to place you into quite a cosy little pigeonhole. A bit like those poor people who analyse your spending with your Tesco Clubcard (I don't suppose you have one of those either) so they know what offers to send you, or the people at Amazon who keep track of what you view or buy so they recommend books to you next time you visit (that might be more up your street).

Big Brother is watching you, even if you don't watch Big Brother.

Rather a neat link there, don't you think?[;-)]

[quote user="powerdesal"]I dont like Sudoku, or crosswords. I have never watched Big Brother or any of the similar programmes. I dont watch Coronation street or East enders or any other 'soap' ( where did the phrase 'soap opera' come from anyway?).

I have no idea where that places me in 'socio-political' terms or any other socio-whatever terms. I do however read an awful lot of newspapers, when I can and am, therefore, reasonably up to date on what other people say about things like BB. The comments I read make it even less likely that I would watch it.

[/quote]

Thank goodness for that,  pure sanity from the other side of the world. [B][B]

I'm lousy at crosswords, but really like sudoku.

I have never watched big brother.

Don't watch Coronation Street now, but admit that I did watch it when when it first started, now here is a list and I'm pretty sure that the cast has changed since then.: Leonard Swindley, Emily Nuggent, Elsie Tanner, Martha Longhurst, Minnie Caldwell and Ena Sharples, along with Annie and Jack Walker. It was in black and white. And that has made me feel rather ancient.  Don't think I have seen it since them days,

Archived