Complete France Forum

Floating Motorbikes

Frederick

It would appear that the Container Ship aground in Lyme Bay listing and dumping containers in the sea has BMW Motorbikes as part of the cargo..... and wine . Now ...if I am walking along the beach  and a crate containing a bubble wrapped BMW Motorbike or a  wrapped palet full of cases of wine...  should just happen to be sitting there at low tide....and if I  take it off the beach ...I am supposed to ring the Reciever of Wrecks and let him know I have got it  ....thats the law I  believe. ?.. I wonder how many phone calls he will get ....and if  found on the Normandy beaches ...his French opposite number any at all ?

I couldn't help smiling at the bloke on the lunchtime News who was wheeling away a (seemingly undamaged) brand new motorbike with a grin from ear to ear - and his name captioned underneath.

Either he was very sure of the legal position  ................ or a complete idiot. Why not be more discreet?

Must admit that I could have fancied one of those oak barrels - been after one for ages and whenever I have seen one, people want silly money for them. 

Archived