Complete France Forum

Une TOUTE petite action contre le changement climatique...

Missy

I received this Email last night from my Parisian brother :

>>> Le 1er février 2007, dans toute la France : Participez à la plus grande mobilisation des citoyens contre le Changement Climatique !

L'Alliance pour la Planète (groupement national d'associations environnementales) lance un appel simple à tous les citoyens, 5 minutes de répit pour la planète : tout le monde éteint ses veilles et lumières le 1er février 2007 entre 19h55 et 20h00.

Il ne s'agit pas d'économiser 5 minutes d'électricité uniquement ce jour-là, mais d'attirer l'attention des citoyens, des médias et des décideurs sur le gaspillage d'énergie et l'urgence de passer à l'action 5 minutes de répit pour la planète : ça ne prend pas longtemps, ça ne coûte rien, et ça montrera aux candidats à la Présidentielle que le changement climatique est un sujet qui doit peser dans le débat politique.

Pourquoi le 1er février ? Ce jour là sortira, à Paris, le nouveau rapport du groupe d'experts climatiques des Nations Unies. Cet événement aura lieu en France : il ne faut pas laisser passer cette occasion de braquer les projecteurs sur l'urgence de la situation climatique mondiale . Si nous y participons tous, cette action aura un réel poids médiatique et politique, moins de trois mois avant l'élection présidentielle !

Faites circuler au maximum cet appel autour de vous et dans tous vos réseaux ! Faites-le aussi apparaître sur votre site Internet et dans vos newsletters.  

Contact/ information : Cyrielle, Les Amis de la Terre : 01 48 51 18 95<<<

His comment was : I am curious to know what will happen in all these households, right across the country, during these 5 minutes of living with a candle light...

To which I answered : Let's see what happens in October... The governement of the time may well put up your taxes to pay for a sudden surplus of 'allocation familliale' to be paid [Www] Be very mindful of whom you vote for in April/May!! [;-)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]Have you all got your candles ready for to-night?[/quote]

Had candles for a couple of nights now on account that OH has decided that the new cooker I ordered from Father Xmas has at last been delivered, unfortunately I was at work when it happened and don't know if it was Father Xmas himself that delivered it!... [Www]

where was I [8-)]?... Ah! yes ... OH decided that the kitchen could do with some revamping, meaning rip the old out and botch up the new... whilst all of that is going on the more important thing is that the 6 Nations tournament is starting soon and the old TV is ... well had seen better days!... so OH gets himself a new irish flat screen+cinema sound surround monster...! and THAT has priority over everything else in the 'what-is-urgently-needed-to-be-done-around-the-house' department.....

I am filing for divorce tonight if the electric is not back on in the rest of the house (other than OH's den and his TV!) and MY kitchen IN ORDER [:@]!!!!

Thanks all the divinities of the world that the 10th of March [:D] is here soon !!

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Scene at a convent

Mother Superior:  Ce soir il y a des carottes au menu.

Sisters:  Ouiiiii!!!!!!!!!!

Mother Superior:  Rapée.

Sisters:   Oh non!!!!!

[/quote]

A nice variation! [:D]

Bruce Forsyth?  Sausages don't even have chins!

Archived