Complete France Forum

uk pension

mint

patf

thank you, yes, i did get a pension forecast.  it wasn't that good, mainly because a lot of the "non-payment" years were yonks ago and are now past the date for making additional voluntary contributions.  also, it actually does not pay me to make up the years because of factors such as my husband's age (advanced, by the stats!)

should still be ok as we have one or two other things up our sleeve.  i think it was more a matter of a pension being "comforting" at this time of huge change.  however, i had accepted long ago that it wasn't anything that i could change at this stage and i only put out the original post as information for those women who might have found it useful. 

for myself, i am not unduly worried as we have been looking forward to france for over 2 years now and we feel it will be a great adventure for us.

i love the thought of having to face new challenges now that i have finished work and my days of going off on charity bike rides and long-distance walks are probably over (not so much because of the physical effort, but because i shall find it very hard to raise the money nowadays)!

Archived