Complete France Forum

Water Costs are you wasting money ?

Frederick

Now that we find ourselves spending a good part of the year in France ..I realised that I was still paying out for water in the UK at a charge based on my property rated value when water was not being used . Like I should think .... lots of people ....I have just not felt bothered with it .......up to now .

I pay my water charge to the local water company. and the sewage charge to Bristol . Last year in March I had a water meter fitted as I felt with just two of us at home now it would be worth it ....The reading of the meter was overlooked after 6 months use and I have recently demanded it be read ..........the result .. my cost for water has been greatly reduced  as even with the dishwasher we are now classed as low users ....In 10 months I overpaid the water company £185.91 and the sewage company £296.39.....for which cheques have been recieved and my new charges altered to reflect our future use ....Some of you may be in the same position and the cost of the next crossing could be there in your overpaid water bills ...worth talking to your water and sewage company if you have not done it already.  Good luck !

Good point, Fred.

I remember Thames Water demanding that we have a meter installed when we lived in Bromley when we admitted to them that we had an outside tap.  We duly complied, they fitted the meter and next bill fell by over 50% - not the desired outcome from their side, I'm sure, but a welcome surpsire for us. [:D]

Archived