Complete France Forum

Ecological Revolution or Flash Paint Job?

Dick Smith

Julie's comment was "Are they mad?"

The only ecological saving grace for F1 is that it is actually a very small-scale operation watched by a lot of people, so shouldn't be too high up the Greenpeace hit list, but really you have to leave any ethical considerations at the gate when you go in!

As for the paint job - words fail me!

Yes, as the Climate Nazis take over from the Health Nazis and the Animal Nazis we will get more and more of that sort of thing. An individual F1 car may be pretty environmentally indefensible, but there aren't many of them, compared to the millions of almost-as-bad road cars. But, rather like Greenpeace's attacks on Apple, it's the publicity profile that really matters!

Edit - rather oddly (or not given the woeful nature of the forum software) the robot censors don't allow me to use the name of the German political party which was in power from 1933 to 1945.

THIS IS PITIFUL, ADMIN!

F1.............................boring over tech machines that hardly require any driver input.

Now displaying the most awful paint job ever seen.

If you really want to watch exiting racing watch Moto GP next weekend...............

biased, moi ?....................[:D]

edit: You're right about easy targets though, we should all worry about that. Perhaps they could slip another million pounds to the Labour party........................[Www]

Moi, I assume nothing.

I just think formula one is boring to watch. Remove all the gagetry (is that a word?) from the cars, stop the fuel & tyre stops and it would become exiting again.

Just my opinion................................[:)]

None whatsoever, Dick.  There are many people who cannot understand why I would want to go without sleep for 24 hours just to watch the same cars go round and round!  Just like I can't imagine watching  cricket for 5 days that then results in a draw.  Each to his/her own, I say.

I've never seen a form of motorsport I didn't like, provided there is racing going on, meaning more than one car trying to get ahead of another one. I can't abide motorcycle trials, hill climbs or similar, but two things with engines trying to beat each other - that's good enough for me.

I'll even watch cycles, if they are actually racing and not just having a little cruise around France in a peleton (is that the right word?) and lawnmowers.

I even used to enjoy watching the 50cc Hondas screaming round Brands in the 60s! At the same time we could go and see Group 7 monster cars - what a contrast. I can't ever remember seeing bikes at the Crystal Palace, though. Did they race there?

[quote user="Dick Smith"]

I even used to enjoy watching the 50cc Hondas screaming round Brands in the 60s!

[/quote]

That would be in the days of the 12 speed Kriedler 50s then Dick.

Off road hill climbs (Cars) are spectacular to watch, as are things like the ISDT trial bikes.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I can't ever remember seeing bikes at the Crystal Palace, though. Did they race there?

[/quote]According to this

http://www.cocgb.dircon.co.uk/cry_pal_racetrack.htm

yes.

[/quote]

Interesting, I must have gone, but I don't remember it at all. Age.

I remember cars, but that tends to be Hill, Rindt, Brabham etc. As I remember Clark never used to race there (he was in tax exile by the time I was going regularly) and so it was very exciting to see him at Brands!

Archived