Complete France Forum

Amusing for cat lovers

powerdesal

Mozzie doesn't actually swallow whatever shoes ( or towels or bathroom rugs etc) he chews, he leaves the bits as evidence. So, no he wasn't upset by the chewing.

Jimmy can Chew his own  [:D]

ps. Who is Jimmy Chew anyway ????? (serious question, never heard of him)

[quote user="Tresco"]

Very famous designer of very desirable shoes. Jimmy Choo.[:)]

[/quote]

Very famous designer of very desirable and very expensive shoes. [:D]

I think if kitty had chewed Jimmy Choos shoes... kitty would be history. [Www]

"Kitty" is not really the word to describe 'Mozzie', he is the size of a small/medium dog and is the 'big boss' of the compound. He's a wimp really but looks the part of 'boss cat'.

What exactly is it about Mr Choo's shoes that makes them so desirable / expensive. Shoes are shoes after all.

powerdesal

shoes are NEVER just "shoes after all"!  to a mere male like you, shoes might just be for protecting your feet and to make it easier to walk on rough ground.

alas, to many women, jimmy choos are ASPIRATIONAL, don't you know.  they denote taste (ok, questionable) and MONEY and RANK.

there are, of course, all sorts of shoes with a whole paradigm of semiotics involved.  there are those cloth spanish espadrilles which mean sun, sand, sangria and sex and student days

there are your first proper court shoes which mean sophistication (in your own estimation if nobody else's) and female cabin staff on aeroplanes

there are peep-toes, sort of flirty and "now you see it, now you don't"

there are knee-length leather boots; come here, naughty boy, I'M the dominatrix, ok?  or you belong to the gestapo (at least that's the case in films with goody allies and baddy germans)

if you are Theresa May of the conservative party, you wear leopard skin kitten heels (see not off thread, still about cats) to party conferences and thereby get yourself inches of column space in newspapers and set yourself apart from the "grey suits".  VERY useful if you don't have anything relevant to say from the conference platform

there are, i believe, and i stress i have no personal knowledge of these, what are called **** me shoes which are sort of alluring and suggestive and save you having to spell it out.

would go on a bit more, steve, but have now got to go clean my shoes, which are very respectable brown leather loafers (yes i do love loafing)!

regards

[quote user="sweet 17"]

there are, i believe, and i stress i have no personal knowledge of these, what are called **** me shoes which are sort of alluring and suggestive and save you having to spell it out.

[/quote]

I was never sure whether they were **** me shoes as in a suggestion / request or **** me shoes as in an exclamation of admiration. Or possibly pain. My Manolos were the latter. [blink]

Here's a nice little ditty from Bobby Wayne:

LES FEMMES CHAUSSES

Cro-magnon woman did her stuff, with hand and foot both hard and tough, and unencumbered thus she ran, alongside her Cro-magnon man.

The ancient Asian thought it neat, to bind his baby daughter's feet, a hobbling woman stayed at home, her husband's feet were free to roam.

To Louis Quinze the honour goes, for donning heals with pointy toes, when those shoes began to vex, he passed them to the other sex.

Victorian woman hid her looks, laced up and bound by button hooks.  Bloomer girls who read the news, took off the skirts but left the shoes.

Now modern woman has a choice, politically she's found her voice, but she'll have podiatric woes, until she's free from heel to toe.

Now all humanitarians, know heels are for barbarians, let's add this to our list of goals and kick them suckers off our souls.

Archived