Complete France Forum

A cheque from Inland Revenue.

Bugsy

Arrived in the post this morning.

(I tried to find the original thread on this subject but failed.)

It has taken eight months, umpteen phone calls and two letters, but they have finally sorted my transfer of tax responsibility to france.

After being given the excuse that there was a back-log of post of just over one month and me asking whether that would be accepted by them if I owed them money, I was give a 'marker', whatever that is? (I'm probably black-listed on one of the government lists now and will not be allowed into the UK again[:D])

Anyway, all sorted and this may call for a glass or two this evening.

Thank you Mr Taxman.

I'm pleased that Bugbear has received his cheque and can only say his experience seems the norm. Why? Are the staff all incompetent or just told to delay as much and as long as possible? Have you ever dealt with the same person twice? It seems the norm for them to be out of the office, off sick, on a course or quit. I wonder what other business could exist if it advised that 8 weeks is the normal time for a reply,if they haven't lost your letter? Thank goodness I don't have to deal with them anymore.

I think the policy must be " Prevaricate, hope they give up, we need the money to pay our own  salaries/expenses". Thank you Gordon.

Sorry I've had a day digging trenches then reading all the bilge coming from No 10.

One intersting comment on Letters on Teletext, stated that more people died in UK each day through shootings/stabbings etc than Soldiers in Iraq. Perhaps the Soldiers might be better employed on the streets in UK where they might be safer and a detterent to the yobs,male and female, who seem to have taken over?

Regards.

Archived