Complete France Forum

On bit of a winning streak arnt we

Pads

I must say I chuckled when I read it as my perverted brain automatically added an 's' to one word in sentence......

"Train driver Mr Hurrell, 36, needed just two shots to smash the nut of his competitor"

Isn't that Freudian or something [:D]

A bit surprised that those two guardians of our complete wellbeing, elf & safety, permitted such a irresponsibly dangerous activity to take place...[:-))]

EDIT:

From the full article on the BBC site

It was sponsored the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health which wanted people to see that its inspectors were not "killjoys"

I'm afraid Mr elf & safety will have to go a bit further than turning his name back to front and permitting a nut crushing competition before convincing me [;-)]

Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) of which I was a Member, is the premier examining body for professional qualifications in Occupational Safety and Health across the world.

By examination you can attain Membership (MIOSH).  It does not have any inspectors or any investigating role into any accidents or incidents anywhere.  That role rests with local authorities and the various departments of the Health and Safety Executive,  So much for factual journalism.

Archived